Mission and governance
QIX's mission is to establish and operate an Internet Exchange infrastructure that meets the needs of local, national and international foreign network, content and Internet Service Providers. The objective is to raise the peering rank of Montreal's privileged place elevate the status of Montreal to that of one of the preeminent peering locations in the in the Canadian and North American market.
View our current bylaws here (in French).
The QIX was incorporated in 2013 as a nonprofit organization (NPO) under the name of the Internet Exchange of Montreal (EIM) Inc. that will allow each member connected to enjoy the benefits and advantages of the exchange. RISQ has been the operator of the EIM and ensured the management of the entire operation of the exchange, including membership and connection members, supervision and technical monitoring, service management portal members and billing until June 2019. The new operator is now MetroOptic Inc.
Current board members:
- Jonathan Breault, Chair of the Board, CTO at Technologies Optic.ca
- Seth Crimmins, Vice-chairman of the Board, VP of Operations at Westelcom
- Sylvie LaPerrière, Treasurer of the Board, Interconnect Strategy at Google Inc.
- Chris Conn, Secretary of the Board, Technical Director at B2B2C
- Eric Dugas, Board member, Director of Network Operations at EBOX
- Gabriel Blanchard, Board member, Director of Network Operations at Start Communication
- Philippe Girard, Board member, VP Network Engineering and Operations at MetroOptic
- Alyssa Moore, Board member, Senior Policy and Advocacy Advisor at CIRA
Former board members:
- Benjamin Desmarais, CEO at Fibrenoire
- Christian Malo, VP Operations at Blu Fibre
- Daniel Legault, CEO at MetroOptic
- Daniel Jakots, System and Network administrator at Evolix
- Allan MacGillivray, Board member, Senior Policy Advisor at CIRA
- Daniel Besner, Board member, General manager at RISQ