Connecting to QIX
Connecting to QIX is a fast and simple process in 4 easy steps:
First step: Requirements and conditions
- You represent a legal entity (a corporation).
- Your network has an Autonomous System Number (ASN). The applicant's network must have its own ASN assigned by a Local Internet Registry (LIR) or a Regional Internet Registry (RIR), such as ARIN (for North America), AFRINIC, APNIC, LACNIC or RIPE-NCC. The assignment will be checked against their records.
- You must use an IRR such has ARIN, AltDB, RADb and publish an AS-SET and route-objects that covers your netblocks.
- You must have implemented the best current practices on your network, such as BCP38, publish RPKI ROAs and optionally do RPKI ROV. We strongly suggest to consult MANRS (Mutually Agreed Norms for Routing Security) for more information.
- You must have the intention and the willingness to connect at QIX and peer.
- You will have a colocation agreement with the provider of choice
- As a member you will a) read and accept the QIX Bylaws b) can attend annual general meetings and c) can vote on policy issues.
Second step : colocation arrangements with a provider for your peering equipment.
- Site 1: 625 boul. René-Lévesque O., (RISQ/Cologix MTL1), Montreal, QC H3B 1R2
- Site 2: 1250 boul. René-Lévesque 0., (Cologix MTL3), Montreal, QC H3B 4W8
- Other Cologix sites in Montreal can be used to remotely peer with QIX. Ask your Cologix representative for more details on their MetroConnect product
- Other colocation sites in the greater Montreal area are going to be added to allow remote peering with QIX. Stay tuned for more details
New sites to come:
Third step: submit a form application via the Become a member form
- You will be asked for your company name, URL, ASN, connection site, your port speed and administrative details about your company.
You have now completed your part!
Now onto ours... After submitting your QIX application form we will:
- Forward your application for validation with our management team
- Send each valid and compliant application form to the board for approval
- Send you via email, the QIX bylaws for review and signature, ask for your billing and technical information
- Assign you a physical port in our fiber patch panel, provide you with an LOA with these positions and assign an IPv4 and IPv6 address. We will forward these important information by email.
- Invite you to set up your first two BGP sessions with the two route-servers to start enjoying peering traffic on day one.
And right back at you... Contact fellow members and establish peering at QIX